Jump with Jill is a multimedia health program that makes nutrition rock. Jump with Jill is currently formatted as:
- a rock & roll nutrition concert for schools, workshops, community events, and professional development;
- audio CDs;
- an in-school curriculum called the Nutrition Rock Invasion complete with a cooking show and danceable music videos;
- a health and wellness platform for original content that has launched the Nutrition Action News Team, Going Gold for Michelle Obama, and the Jump with Jill Film Festival.
Jump with Jill takes childhood obesity by storm, serving as a kid-appropriate approach for kicking off wellness committee initiatives, reinforcing classroom learning, and supporting a healthier cafeteria menu. The live Jump with Jill show has been performed live 1,000 times for 250,000 kids all over the United States and Europe and has been featured in national media outlets including Nickelodeon, Sprout PBS, NPR, and The Washington Post. The show is both educationally sound and completely rock & roll. Armed with catchy songs, upbeat dance moves, and a hip wardrobe, Jump with Jill uses the same tools normally used to sell junk food and keep kids sedentary to get kids engaged, moving, and learning about healthy habits.
Created by Registered Dietitian and musician Jill Jayne, the show, music, and curriculum are all built on singable messages that make healthy habits memorable:
- RESPECT YOUR BODY: This is my body! You only get one. Exercise and eat healthy to show your amazing body the respect it deserves. You make the decisions around here.
- FUEL YOUR ENGINE WITH THE BEST ENERGY: Your body is your engine. When you fuel your body with healthy foods, your engine can perform at its peak.
- GET GOIN’ WITH BREAKFAST: Start each morning with a healthy breakfast to activate your body and mind for a rockstar day.
- ENJOY NATURE’S CANDY: Choose fruits like watermelon, apples, bananas and kiwi for their naturally sweet flavor.
- EAT SUPERPOWER VEGETABLES: Discover your superpowers. Join the ranks of your favorite superheroes by powering your plate. Vegetables give you healthy skin, hair, muscles, eyes, and bones. United against junk food, we will be victorious!
- EXERCISE DAILY TO MAKE THE BEAT OF YOUR BODY (Woot! Woot!): Your heart, lungs, and muscles have to be strong, because when you’re exercising, your body makes a song. So get those rhythms pumping every sort of way, so you can be your strongest each and every day.
- DRINK WATER: Make the clear choice. Answer your thirst with the refreshment that stands out from the crowd.
- REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE: Your choices. Your body. Your world. Refill your water bottle. Find the recycling bin. Love those hand-me-downs for their retro stylings. Build the future you want now.
- PUT ON YOUR SPECIAL GLASSES TO SEE THROUGH THE GIMMICK: When cartoons, toys, or famous people are on your food, take a closer look to make me sure you aren’t getting tricked into eating unhealthy foods. Use your brain, not your stomach, to decide what to eat.
- GET YOUR CALCIUM ON: Grow strong. Eat dark, leafy green vegetables and low fat dairy foods like milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese to get the calcium strong bones need.